A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

What happened to Form Blazing Sword?

Nothing happened. It's an old
Voltron callback! Form! Blazing! 
Sword! Basically, five huge iron 
Lions, different bright colors - none 
of them robots, more...vehicles for 
the inside stars of the show, supposedly? 

No. This was no G-Force knckoff. Voltron: 
Defender of the Universe. 

If the best idea 
science ends up coming up 
with eons down the road is 

holy shit! The universe is in need 
of serious help in self-defense! Build 
big hard cats, fast! 

Not so fast. Kids like me (perhaps
like us) tuned in largely for the part 
where the metal cats all locked and 
jammed up into an even more metal 
huge dude. He/It (no pronoun trouble 
in the future one might guess, I digress) 

was Voltron. THE Voltron? Oddly, no. 
2 others at my last count: what, 12? I don't 
know my own age by show back then, but

the Lion one was quintuple best, cat and
dude-wise. Another Voltron was made of
cars...boats...skycraft...a bus? An omnibus
quite large of all vehicular parts. The least
interesting Voltron was just three very much
less metal-looking guys popping together in
one big dude. Sounds gross, but wisely, it
never aired. At least not where I was watching.

The weird thing is, that last, lame-o Voltron 
came...I think...third? Why did they try to top 
a hot rods and ships good beginning and a great 
cat middle with some triple-stooge act? "This will
SLAY KIDS." Well, if you aired it, I could launder 

it a little less foul, maybe, but I saw what the thing 
looked like. I bought one of the stooge figures. 

Only Voltron article I ever purchased, so...must 
have been cheery. Bright red one! OK. 

He puts his hands together far out and looks at it. 
His hands are two lion heads. Lioness heads, if 
I'm not mistake on mane! 

Metal. 

Somebody helpfully announces FORM! BLAZING 

you get the idea. Outcomes a swordy surprise 
for whoever's trying to fuck with the universe 
this afternoon. 

Here's this huge metal guy, for ya. Wait, but 
look close. It/He is made of lions. 

Metal. As a kid, I could stand way more 
metal in cartoons than I got to.  

No comments: