A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 10, 2023

interspecies colloquy

remember dog! you 
are a superior specimen 
of an inferior species 
in many ways. And we
get along! 

Perhaps because I am 
in many ways the opposite! 
In some ways, the inferior 
instance of a superior type:

persons. In human reason, 
you are deficient! In canine 
reason I cede you the edge. 
It could not be a problem 
between you and I, if some 
fools call me a bigot, you 

an ignoramus. They show 
the worth of their judgment, 
and you 

would never call it so. 

TOO DUMB

You make up for it in body 
language and disproportionate 
use of tongue. Also that nose 
of yours. Expressive. Sublime. 

No one would say my words 
to you, but I'd say they tell more 
about my attitude towards you 
than they do about yours 

towards me 

you are not confused by this.
You know 
it's just our way. You and me, 
the dog - and some guy 

teamwork like this 
is a championship 
in events never invented 
- no need, my friend. There 
are no trophies in true 
friendship - but you get 

a medal with your name 
on it (which you answer to!) 
and my phone number,
because 
well let's just say I'm clingy,
needy, 
suspicious 
and jealous. 

No comments: