A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 25, 2023

In review: elvis costello.

I love him. I know, I know, he's 
not the best guy. I don't 
know that. 

Only his tuneful acid panache, 
which even his detractions admit 
is smashing, world-crushy - lest 
they fall in reaped rows, felled 
by their own inapt critical 

hackumen, 
which, 
isn't 
a word, yet

odd. 

Anyway, from what I know 
he is SO SOUR. Some say bitter! 
Forget it, has your tongue no ears? 
SO SOUR it squirts aridity itself 
by both eyes glaring! 

Anybody can do that, I say ew 
or ooh to ick or awe and merely 
quit dreading the encounter. If 

I to I contact hurts, you look too 
hard, chap. Check your ass first 
quick before it explodes! That guy 

bit of a dick obviously, takes it out 
on the world - overcompensating? 

Ah, you wish projectionist. Just sit 
quietly and change the reel, 

already

WAIT. DID HE JUST DIE?

I hope not. I didn't write this for 
that! I don't throw wakes to get
requiems. Hell, I don't even 

know the guy. He did me 
a favor 

maybe!

No comments: