A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 10, 2023

take hard questions

did I ever write a poem 
to get arrested? Well
you ask 
I did write a poem one 
time 
I was going to perform
it
in a slam, but 

I didn't really know what 
was involved,
so it didn't come together. Anyway 

it was called kill kill kill the 
let's say 
"public official"! 

for context, this was a while 
back and the US president 
at the time was deeply 
unpopular in about 
half the country 

I didn't name
anyone in 
the poem. It
was more about
you know an abstract
or ideal public official
of highest rank in a country
unspecified, but probably implied
to be whatever country the reader 
(or hearer) is in, or is from 

if the name they use for that 
rank in that country is
"the president." People 
liked it! 

about half the people liked it 
a lot that I didn't name that 
guy, but the other half were 
like "you wussed out" 

then they thought about it:  
"keep that poem out 
of circulation for a few 
years and it'd be awesome"
which was sage advice 
if it cut both ways.
Anyway 

those people
were crazy. 

I ain't gonna get arrested. 

Over a poem for some ideal 
president!

Never happen  

no such thing. Poem? 
"Oh, no officer" I don't 
have a poem 

do you? 

No comments: