A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 10, 2023

ode to salt hank

Look I just found out 
about salt hank. He's 
a chef-slash-
cook shared all on social
media, go look he slaps
food together like Jason
Bourne
fights.

It is impossible to refute
any of his recipes logically
or otherwise because shwoop!
Shwok! 
FFFSSSST!
KARUNK SHLUNK
SHLUNK
and flash flash
cut

cut 
cut the damn thing  
is so good in his mouth 
you got pissed! 

Just look at him EAT 
THAT - took him twelve
seconds from salt to nuts!
How'd you DO 

THAT
SALT
HANK 

That fellow knows
how to live,
and he shows 
off. But not how, 

exactly 

He seems alright. 
I trust him he knows
what he does, far as it
goes 

consider me on board the 
SALT HANK team, now -
SALT HANK? Hey if you see 

this don't
go being
or turning 
out to be some
childhood 
predator
of bullies or
a sex bigot, or
one of those rape 
culture studies professors 
who sways both sides and hedges
edging toward pro,
like "well
naturally, 
objectively,
actually-" I DON'T WANNA 
HEAR THAT, HANK MAKE
FOOD! That's the deal right? 
Fame at any level should have 
a deal: DO IT (i.e. what you
gain fame for) I DON'T WANNA
HEAR that real shit, if it's real

awful! Who would? Nor
would I prefer you some
one of them damn woke
wars all-talk no-walk signal
-siders. Valor signal or any
other virtue (mercy ok -
mercy signal away, I make
exception there - but
flash me no good goddamn
'patience signal'! I will not
tolerate!) or whatever 

other disappointment
one man can be to
another, straight up on
the level. 

Be SALT HANK 
Be MY IDEA OF YOU, 
man, or better! That's 
on you please. I trust 

we have a "salt hank" 

understanding, or
anyway one of us
might.  

Do that damn job good 
like always. It's clear
THAT is why team salt
hank 

has a 

hm.

No pun there. 

No pun necessary. That 
team has a me
in it, and 
I don't care
or mind what figures. It's

literal. 

Salt Hank 'til 
the end  

it sure comes quick 
fast 
big

No comments: