A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 18, 2023

no pants!

Giving great pause 
In a halting tone

A woman with no pants 

on

was standing right 
or wrong next to me.

So, I slyly interjected, is
that a dress? Yes! She said - 
seeming unreasonably 
pleased to be address!

To be addressed. Sorry. 
To be clear: addressed - in
a dress! I might confess here:
direct address is a specialty. Not
mine, maybe, but it is. I'm

aware of it. 

All unawares herself,
no idea what just jut 
suddenly prominently 
in mind - not mine! Mine 
was clean as a snowdrift, 
shivering in hell,
just then.

Cool. 

Since
she'd been addressed
on the topic, she brightly
kept on:

Yes, that's just what it is.
I just got it on! Wise move,
I wisely said to myself. Not

out loud,
mind you. 

Would you say 
- here I hesitated.
Affably abashed as
always in an encounter
with...
...the pantsless.

Not awkward at all! Guy 
like me, I said what's natural
is shameless, Diogenes! She

gave me a knowing look. Oh.
Oh, the lady knows Diogenes.
With an audible sizzle, the stakes
just rose like a bush. Would you say

(I repeated, but not to myself)

you're topless?

Not stunned, not shocked, but 
perhaps taken aback or partly 
undone, she started. Started 
looking all down and around 
her front - quite fully!
Thoughtfully:

Yes, I suppose. It's not a top! 

It's address,
I repeated. Yes, 
she said- 

-I interrupted cool,
cold, bold on full-on
scold mode: So, you 
come in here, topless
- no pants! - stand right
next to me or wrong, 
in a getup you and I
quote 'just got on' -
and expect me to

like it...? 

I didn't expect you at all,
she drawled in sureshot coy 
rejoinder. I couldn't tell if she
was beaming, or just a grin. Her
big, beautiful wide smile all the
way up to her

eyes aglow

was completely impassive.
Inscrutable. Anyhow, I looked
in her eyes.

Just in case. 
This was alright.
She was okay. She
didn't mean it. It was
just her way!

Coming in here,
like that, dressed
topless, no pants
- not guilty. SMACK! 

She slapped me! Not guilty of 
WHAT, she accused? 

Mind-reading!
I lamely concluded. 

Well! She ejaculated.
(female! I didn't say)
(seemed almost too 
obvious) Of course
I'm innocent
...of that. 

From
the look
all over her, 
though...I was
so sure she might
be putting 
me on

but

Later, I said. 
Find out what
happens, that's
my way.

My problem is, 
I keep forgetting
what my way is. I
don't mean nothing
by it. It's just my way. 

Pretty much works, 
okay? 

No comments: