A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Taut midair all on the line

No, you don't read
too much. 
You read too little 
of

what's just there.
You read wild, maybe
because you find
that natural. And
holy shoot you
score most 
tries.

This I criticize here
is a high worth mark, 
and praise no diss. You
read not too much meaning 
only more than. Greater
than where I lacked. I left
you wanting more, and
didn't 

mean to.
That's on me,
that's what I say. 

No bad on you. Still 
we could play a nice, 
kind, real sincere line 
between us without 
depending on tricks 
being there for enjoyment
always - right? Why not. 

So easy if. It is easy 
with us, almost 
everywhen. 

Say fair: maybe what's
right on the surface is 
too easy for you. You
think more of me maybe!

He must 
mean more
than that. More must

be there!

A wish! Good one!
Sometimes I do mean 
bonus gleam, but
it tends bright 
enough to read 
by, so I flatter myself.  
Between most 
lines: I do
not. 

Just aim. Drawn taut
from me to a point! Just 
one line, really. You can 
tell, since if it really curves 
it's an arc with real physics 
in it. No fine line, in 
the fancy sense of 
occasions to get 
wine-drunk in 
clothes too simple 
to call fancy, but 
so simple we find 
elegance no luxury, 
but simple fit in rich 
moments. No between
lines at all. Just fare
between us, if no one
pulls a boner and tries
to pass it off as a bird.
With wings! Look! 
The shadow! 

Meaning levels up, huh? 
Still a bonehead move
to pretend it should mean
more and it doesn't. What 
are we?

Fooling? Oh, we kid
at will, whimmo. 
Sorry! I'm whimmo, 
if you like. You can be 
kid dynamite, swashbuckling 
ex-mastermind of the Zen 
Extreme, or whatever 
fits character or mood! 

You play so well and 
true I can't imagine 
you off base unless 
you stole it home! 

What if I'm not, though?
You act like you look up
to me, which is so high
inside when I see it, but
I'm kind of level with
you at best, and often
- but not too often -
I have to play way
over my thought level
just to get ahead! Not
past you, just ahead
and shoulders with
you. In a given case,

what if - no wait. No say
'What if.' Say no if. This case:
here. One in meaning. Two
to pull, draw, flip. Or just 
catch and rocket. 

Say I'm not. And try this.

Going in: crush. Kill.
Metaphor. Flat. Delete
bonus level. Follow one
line right as hand. You
choose which hand it's
on: I am on the other.

On-the-level: there's
the placement, here's
the windup - you know
who - and a hard shot from
home to the big hitter, up
on the mound! Left me 

right to you,

left 
to right: 
easy. True,
nothing fancy. OK? 

I mean I do bonus 
levels fine when I'm
on point, in the zone
you called in
and bounded out
plain and fair. Fun stuff 
for both - you catch me
sweet all the time, no 
problemo!

But half the other time
I feel you get irked like
a knee-jerk cryptologist,
taunted and seduced all
foul by a simple ingredients 
panel. Where does all THIS
come in? This does not 
explain hot and fresh
bread smells, originally. 

As if I jerked you! But 
I just gave you the stuff,
pow on the level! A tough 
looking scone flown from 
hot ovens, served baked 
goods - drop a clot of 
cream on, honey!

Literally! Delicious 
as-is, too. Or 
a bit plain to bite. 
Go ahead, drop 
a big wallop 
of cream. 

No cross-eyed 
between-lines read
to find, though, not 
sometimes. DUMB? 

No, it speaks, it just uses 
very words, all sizes to 
fit no fancy but plain 
vanilla. Girl, boy howdy 
if you want fruit where
there was none, you've 
got to take the ground 
prepared, tuck a pit in 
it and wait for it to rain
by your decree or dance!
This meadow wasn't 
a burgeoning orchard 
'til you showed up all 
peachy, fuzzy - pissed 
at no plum to thumbs 
up! But

the meadow was 
and is okay, right? 
You loved it. Once 
not enough. Well 
hell's meadows, girl! 
A plot like this, dense
with wild growth is way
better for your fruit
-jones efforts! About 

every 
time

you root a winner, 
and blooms smell 
so good while we 
wait for me to catch 
up. Sometimes, a weed 
that survived all that 
crap you threw at it 
by eye - finding it absurd
to be so one-I of sense,
wanting strong meaning
- was and is 
a pretty 
wild 

flower.
Bee as you know,
drink deep as nectar
is, honey grows thick 

maybe, later. One plus
one does not make
hivemind. But there is
buzz to find in two
becoming one in some
sense. Trust me, you trust
you to that when it's yours. 

You give plain to suit too!
Well. Try me that way, 
maybe. Clear! 

Just 

pat the paddles around 
my chest hard, I'll jump 
pretend 'til the juice hits. 

I don't mind play if both 
are in, and know the rule 
if not always the score! 

Try this: kill
"say what you mean" 
- as if I didn't!

When nothing but just
what those words mean
in a row pulls weight. Direct
pull - all in a line. It sounded
funny to you, so naturally you
dove in for the joke. Finding 
none, credit me for plain 
sincerity first - then pop 
a fun comeback where 
funny should be! Don't fault
me there wasn't one. Nothing
funny there, really - my fault? 

Well, that's fair. And that

was sarcasm - which you knew.
Sarcasm is intended to be caught out!
'Another meaning meant' blares, there
- a pretty hard, fairly hurtling toss off
base, which you are meant to catch!
Well, anyhow: to know how, where,
why it IS NOT just as-put. It is put
a touch off, with aim in a way
right on the money, so you check
your pocket and grin, neither tricked
nor robbed! Sarcasm streaks hard

to miss dumb mark and hit funny!

Sarcasm is A-OK, not a mock job.
Oh, it can be - calls to the tosser,
I say. Meant well sits well, as
excuses go. Meanwhile, sarcasm
runs nude not cloaked, easy all 
through the field of grabby hands, 
wanting to seize and accuse what's 
no joke, exactly, just a fun off-aim 
both caught deliciously in flagrante!
To catch and beat for butt duh
meaning, not dumb.
Both feel 
smart!

You threw it that way, 
I knew it that way.

Cool. 

I get sarcasm where I can,
but not my style for taste when
I give. No good at it; too sincere.
Usually it's only this: "say what
you mean?" No: I meant what I said.
Just that, maybe not much - take it!
For what it's worth, not more no less.
Why not try it? 

I do not put a pan in the bush 
to mix up a big bird metaphor 
for you, to pop in the hand. 
Pretty, stupid. You're supposed 
to KNOW on another level 
from that old trick? But 

it's obvious I do not, when 
first thing: I said:

I do not 

The metaphor switch got 
stuck in the off position, 
right? OK, he does not put 
a pan in the bush. Who 
would? The rest reads 
plain one line.

No gag, dumb
if you want to 
say so: but plain 

meaning shines in it. 

If you want it, there. 

It is! So, don't flatter me
on my multilevel barn if
you can't hit the big, flashy
side. Fire! One side of the
barn's ablaze - NO THING
else in the barn matters, now!
Put it out! Get it wet
and cool down fast!

Wait.

My barn is stone, though.
Flint rock and lime. no twist.
A whole lime. We know that's
not real fire, then: glimmering 
in heat mirage waves from 
one side so big the whole
thing would fall over if
it depended on any
other side but front.

Well, that side. No door, 
so, front's around back. 
This is the bare big 
backside, barn 
girl. 

Right? It's the moon
-literal side, acting
showy in the sun
on some not dumb
not mute, but basic

thing. A HIT! Now 
you're tossing rocks! 

Fire and forget, let fly,
find land. Simplicity
itself is not hard
if you look first, 
get just that first,
what's there. Then
try a dive, already
satisfied after 
a big peanut
butter meal. 

You don't have
to wait an hour to wade
in by glance or just ask.
It's only water, clear as a bird
from one's hand. Ask: the answer
comes of itself too soon to count
as clever. Don't 

call that steer bum. It's 

a straight line shot! Vertical!
Not aimed from up the butt,
but from gut - or heart's bottom
off top of the head, bounce from 
the tip of tongue and who knew? IT

was all I meant! Sorry?  

Other level(s)? Sure I 
love it when your smart 
play of line gooses me 
up so caught we play 
catch all over the place, 
glad every toss, more on 
than off. I get there if 
you fly me.

You do. So much.
I don't hate or fear
your fall, nor disappointing
you when I know I just mean
it. We do catch up, 

clearly. I trust

you can beat me up now 
and then for standing leg
deep in shallows, beckoning
you in. It's cool. I literally ask 
you for such crashing waves
you bring in to sea
from dry sand. Wild 
gets everywhere,
but 

me? 
No fancy nose for it!
Not by aim, for starters. What
I said is just the line I sent, most
like. If it stinks, it actually
smells real first, then maybe 
if you got that part, just
for what it as-is was,
taken as a given, (it
was), who minds if you
wander bewitchingly 
enchanting to the first
cliff. expecting flower
patch landings?

Not me! You find some
I never knew were there!
Then I feel smart and
dumb at once! The
epiphany finding no-seek
Wonderdolt, on call!

Yep, I meant to say that
and did! How wonderfully
it means now in minds
combined. Some trick?
No trick to it.

However, look first. That's 
all I'd ask, from the start.
It's often all I meant to give.
Look first, ask questions after 
- or leap! If you leap too far
for me to catch, too far
for all I threw you, I note it

midair 

and race you to the ground! 
I will catch up, to catch 

you.
You've caught me 
doing that every time, 
and the fall in your eyes 
as you found me out not 
fancy but plain is okay 
sometimes.

We both like fancy,
where it fits. We know 
each does, but this 

is key. 

Only one of us is 
any good at it to begin 
with. Not me.

You are fancy free.

I am jack catch.

We do not miss 
much. 

No comments: