A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

The candleman can.

I cast my own shade 
and blame the sun 
which I keep over one 
shoulder, easy and fun
as I pick my stride 
over grounds found
fair 

just 

so long
as no foot
plants in air.
Just so long 
as I have a leg
to stand -

on that spot it hits
 - I can lever it on,
forth wild in a weird,
straight glide by hitch
and yard! With momentum 
and yaw and pitch, in a
pain-staking heel 

or two,
to toe this line
I roll in my dotty
print way, 

I'm alright! You know. 

It's bipedalism. That's 
my philosophy. A so
-called pedestrian way 
of life. 

If I find
I have only 
one half a leg?
I can kneel so hard,
I pray alright.
No strife. Or if
I am starved?
I can prey
on dust.

Get down on it
now, in amongst
this trusty skein
of grubby roots!
And dig in the faith
I just right now, each
so seemingly every
time, had to wink
and rig. Remade!

And let grow
on a whim,
to truth.  

I don't give one 
flying bugle toot 
in reveille or taps 
who salutes 
or scoots. 

If you've found me
here, thanks! I've fallen
for you! I guess! And
suspect - I can get up.
Could you 

give me
just a minute's more
time? 

I was thinking some
thing that I already knew
- but if I don't recall quite?

Then it's just my luck!
And if you don't mind
a little secret? Between
us, two?

I'm a little bit slow
and dense on the up and uptake,
dear. Yeah. You knew.
Yet as dumb as it gets,
you sure did lift me up,
and out of here.

Let's went. 

Oh sure I know! We
already did? Let's go 

out again! And come 
back in, kid. Oh 
I kid. 

You no kid.

I gotcha. It was just
the figure that came
to mind, perhaps

- mine, 
not ours,
but meant 
pretty okay?
Shall we say? 

Let's got, ought, naught,
plot, caught or catch, 
hatch, fledge wings

not! And say we did.
As we have been 
gloriously taut.
Or 
was it
vaingloriously
taught? You bet,
I bid. You raise,
I stake. You 

wish I kid. 

No comments: