A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, October 01, 2022

Behold the dread tale of Ak-Akoom

I am Ak-Akoom. 
"Attacked - I Attack!"
My name means this, so 
they all know that. 

From an ancient age, 
my deeds have grown 
by warriors' sighs, and  
in wenches' moan -

with my bristling, glittering scimitar!
and my crazy spear, I have ridden far
in my mad rampage of self-defense.
Which I always will wage,
'til the day I'm spent. 

At the dawn of me
- as an infant born - 
attacked, I attacked! 

It made mom laugh, 
so she called me that. 

So was destiny dressed 
and shod, pretty much
- in a name ever since 
well-worn. 

No comments: