A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 24, 2022

J'aime.

I am to be on my own. 
Not yet - just now, but 
soon, for coming days. 

It thrills me to be on my 
own, because 

I always am, in many ways. 
But I forget, and lose myself 
in routine scatter and gathering. 
In figure to ground, pattern catch 
and loss, in signal to noise 
- sum smattering. So 

when it occurs to be on 
my own, I get on it and ride!

'Cause I always am, but 
it usually won't occur to me
to recognize. Solitude's 

my jam. 

Oh it's obvious why I forget 
that point, with others' bright 
arcs and lines drawing in, 
uplifting me in interlace 
of light. Picking up where 
we lost ourselves, within. 

No comments: