A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 10, 2022

longview

If I could pop back in time 
for a ringside seat at the big 
Roe vs. Wade match, I'd be

screaming from the aisles! 
"Don't do it! Rule of law. 
what's done Supreme 
can be undone Supreme,"

- I'd be tackled. Shut up.
They'd probably do me
on a Supreme contempt
beef. Fair.
Then,
when they
found out about
the time travel - come on.

People in the nineteen 
hundred seventies?
Same apes as you. Me, 
too - it would be ignorant
to presume them so
fucking dumbass they
couldn't
                   spot me 

by a dozen tells. I'd be 
caught up
in a top notch 
black ops lab a mile 
beneath or into a mountain,
or some such, strapped
to a table.

Getting dissected 

which was just 
my whole plan,
all along, my

man. 

Kind of.
More or less. 

Anyway: wing it. 
I say wing it. All 
for the best. 

No comments: