A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 23, 2022

only eighteen words in

I'm the first to admit I don't 
understand

what's going on 
in this poem, only
eighteen words in. But

a man with a concrete tongue 
just told me
exactly abstractly how
he had been. 

I didn't ask! So,
I checked 
myself.

Just in case
I wasn't literally 
there.

I wasn't.
Just here! As
usual. Getting 
out of a scrape 
in a poem 

by stare. 

I write, but 
cannot understand so
fine, foul, fair anymore.
I suppose it's free, this sort
of verse, but it cost me
an arm, a leg and one eye. 

I count that cheap, since
you cost me my heart. 

All poetry since only makes
my sense 

ask
why. 

No comments: