A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Just kid.

Teaching other peeps to be cruel 
is an odd hobby for an ex-straight 
-shooter like me. 

I don't mean 
I went gay. The opposite, 
really - don't "read in" 
if not necessary, 
I say.

Rather grim 
and glum 
I've 
become, 
giving apt advice 
to the wrong people, 
maybe. Helping them 
with their aims, when 
I might have helped 
them aim! Still, 

we go better safe than
dead, they say. 

I do try to help 
where I can, anyway. 
Some you just can't 
help, some you can. 

If asked, I'm a huckleberry 
up for all jam. But 

I do try to talk, goad 
wheedle and coax 
the folks out of it 
some, as they grouse 
and whine. Who 

the hell 
am I 
to tell, right? So far 
from wrong it's a spot 
so broad and blue 

as yesterday's sky.  


No comments: