A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Back to skurlt.

I stopped believing awhile ago, 
and never
told anyone, just-so. 
It's need-to-know.

And no-one's need 

Could ever be served,
by that, 

from me. 

Except I kept daily praying to God. 
Which some
of you sucka emcees might find -
quite odd! 

You see, though,  I don't
don't stop believing at all, after all
I have known, 
after all
who I've found, 
after all who have 
ever believed at all?

It's you and me God now,
I wouldn't
drop 

the ball. BUT! 

The point is: still,
I was prayin' to God, Who
I asked 
for the help
to go back: 

to school (!) to church, 
for my mom, next
time I see. 'Cause 

I missed a few 

and each time it hurts. 
Right through. But

Aa I do,
when praying "out loud," 
I mangled the syllables!
Mid-thought, and all
right through! And said
(tried saying my) "Back to" sch-WHAT
hey CHURCH! no, WHAT?

BACK! Start it again!

But I didn't. And so it's "Back to skurlt" 
is the prayer I wrought.

So,
suppose

if I really meant it,
and With The
Almighty's Help,
(which I'd done asked for) I
had better have
meant it
in fiery fiber 
of each lil' cell
I'd engaged in the task!
Right
down
to
core, SO 

I ought 

I guess 

to go back to skurlt!  

No comments: