A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 28, 2022

balance of blessings and history lessons

I’m Greek Irish,
grew up in the 80s
in South Jersey (the S
end of NJ, USA: the
garden part of what’s
called from what they see
from NY the Garbage State - 
pretty strong, pretty funny
considering they put most
of it there themselves!) before

living in California for 23 years

over a six-year misunderstanding

with a great girl. By the time
I had a job I loved and two many
people of my own to go back,

I found we’d left each other.

It was okay on balance.

So I majored in fine arts oil painting,
but that was before all that! Soon as I
realized landing a corner office in one
of the spank-shined gleaming towers of
Big Fine Arts Oils was all out of my ambition,

I hauled ass to Cali and switched
to songwriting in much the way
a demon

does.

It was

A-OK on balance!

No comments: