A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 07, 2022

got a pair

I've got a pair of jacks 
and a pair of balls. 
I'm pretty sure that's 
not enough to call 
at this stage of play 
in this canny strip 
chess game, up so 
late as I wish to stay, 

apparently. But

...instead of this
fooling around on
the board, with a hand
full of cards, half-dressed,
unscored - perhaps I might
best interpret by feel? With
intuitive hard soft tactile sense, 

perchance, find real? 

Maybe this whole deal
is some kind of ploy? 
Aimed at some other 
play between girl 
and boy? Or fuck - 

that's presumptuous! 
Beneath us both, for me 
to guess so assumptuously. 

Unless it's just "pre-" in
a sense before sumptuous,
innocence less modest by
turn of hands, and

waiting to boast?

If so,
my next move
could depend on me! Wait 

What? 

It's my move? Hey! Sorry! 


I thought 

Oh heck it. I bet
my shirt, knight to rook
two, and...

hit me.

She did. 

No comments: