A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

pyrophile or pyre

You've got the fire in my eyes 
any time you gaze,
any time you 
move
in view

you grip, twist
spigot and spray

- drench me wet, hose me
down! Soaked through! Wow,

I stand 

amazed and fuming 
with accelerant foul,
knocked flat laid prone 

Like a predawn lawn
wet and whet for the sun,  
with explosive drops 
all strewn and bedewed,
all set to be done.  

As the fire in my eyes 

spreads down 

look out! 
hey careful 
hey watch 

out

watch that,
now

you look just like a match
to me. I'm struck.

I have many a book 
under my belt,
and 

well, fuck
this could be luck! We have found
ourselves, but 
I'm leaning towards bad and good. 
Can you tell between?
Me too! 

let's take
some would, then and
pile it up, 

set should to it 
and see what could blaze
to bon, bonfire
perchance to dance!
To roar, to crash, to sink
to spent coals and ash

and if that's not a full enough
chance, well
habits are good. We could
bring it back. Establish a groove 
and wear it to rut  

it's habits like these 
that make one jut 
and another uh 
"slut" 
is not the damn word! 

Just shows the pervasive shame
of these prude-pig bitch-cow 
mother-bugger judgmental
turds. Apologies 

for that misplaced word 
My mind and mouth burn 
at uneven rates, 
when stirred. 

Or stoked. 

Or piled high 
with so much would 
you could should for the sky, 
but 
you end up aiming from 
some home base 
just a little more low 

than your beautiful 
face 

unless 
no, wait. 
Nevermind, sorry 
I did digress 

Although maybe it's all 
for the best?

Honesty, 
after all 
as a policy sure 
makes a mess! 
As one's discretion 
watches valor undress

No comments: