A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 01, 2021

different courtesy

Truly you are a marvel to me 
Your taste and poise and eye of care. 
My belief you could say whatever you chose
Is built in the weight you give each dare 

Really I am a marvel to you 
All carefree blurt in purest aim 
Your impression I could say anything 
is built in midair without thought or shame. 

And either of us could say anything, 
full knowing the other would probably love 
- and at worst laugh, or understand -
what moved us to say it, whatever it was. 

But effortlessly and painstaking in cares, 
We each will converge on each other's style. 
Eventually, if we keep this up 
I'll be weighing each dare a thought-drawn mile,
while you flip carefree for a fulsome while.

No comments: