A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Florida man

A helicopter buzz-flapped
low 
overhead

I saw a guy 
make eye contact 

with his shirt off 
starting through my back yard, 
as I sat drinking coffee and gin 
out back. Well,

He turned right back 

and disappeared.
The helicopter kept 
coming closer and far 

and I suddenly put 
all the pieces ajar, 
and a door opened up 
that's me, like a star! 
So concerned with my rusty 
shovel in hand
(just in case) 

there's the guy making time across 
the common depression 

("flood basin" it's called) 

as I stand, waving shovel 
at the copter I call. Pointing 
jolt jolt finger point! 

"There he is!" Hey 
Who is that guy? And what 
did he do?

He grabbed
a big damn shovel 

and ran outside 
That's what he did. 
As two cops ran by 

one with machine gun 
and both with yells. 

Get on the ground 
Get on the ground 

It's a bit of a tell 

No comments: