A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 15, 2021

bird said to bee

Bird said to bee, 
I like your style. 
You get along sweet 
in the clover fields, 
and unlike other bugs 
I hate swallowing you. 
It swells in the throat 
with a sting I fear, 
so I've had to hop 

taken aback, some 
detached. And it's 
given me a chance 
to get into you. 

How you flit 
in beelines, making 
breezy and madcap dash 
to the hive to communicate 
through this crazy dance. 

Now, me, I can fly! 
And so can my friends 
- how did we, how did I 
never really occur to such 
sweet routines? I guess 

we got lost in song. 

Same beans. 

But I love you bee, 
bird sweetly confessed, 
and I'm glad I had a chance 
to make this clean breast. 

No comments: