A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 08, 2021

"Alright Son"

I'm pure
I've been told
But pure what,
they don't know
Still I think
that they're on.
To something
that ain't wrong

I've been sane 
more than sure, 
and in pain so secure, 
I've drawn confidence from 
every step up my front,
and down my back -
I knew more than I'd want 
of how I deal with that.  
I have known myself flat.

I am the keeper of the masterpiece
Steeper in the mysteries
Finder of epiphanies
Better off lost

I'm the alright son
the greatest good's my only one
I can tell you all I've done,
except for the cost 

I've won

I will use, 
I've been told 
impossible words 
to say what I mean 
in a way no one would
yet it works like a spell 

Which is good,
since I'm only an average mind, 
all caught up in a trick 
of good luck and well,
charmed fate. About what you'd expect
to never much find. And the time's
ticking on, now it's half-past too late    

I am the keeper of the masterpiece
Butt of curiosities
Flounder in iniquities,
deep down dark.

I'm the alright son
Happiest when overcome
I can see the forest for
the roots and bark 

it's fun

(spoken) it's fun
to bark you know,
root around a bit. Have you
ever done it?

I like to roll in the sand
like a wave. I like to fling
into the ocean like a starfish
stranded and picked up. We've 

all got to stoop sometimes,
but it doesn't have to be
to conquer. 

No comments: