A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 15, 2021

appearance > perception

Whatever intent
you may have meant,
all your act and your acts,

your statements and asks,

were wholesome and tart
and punchy, and pure. I've
known you in moments
that couldn't be
any more
sure.

At least, until you 
say so. Or do 
one of your sweet 
gesture shows, or show 
some side that I have 

not seen 

my idea of you can explode 
anything 
including itself 
as the surface cracks 
in jagged zigzag 
and arc, to collapse 
from the light streaming through 

all the gaps that should be 
and were, in conception of you 
to me - then poof! THE EXVANISHMENTS

you appear, idea and all 
made wholesome sphere 
just a little bit larger without 
a crack - because everything fit 

in the light you gave back

and it all made sense, once 
I'd thought of it. Once 
you cued me by such 
surprises and fits. 

You just recohere. 
It was always you. 
I knew you were more,
soon as I knew you.  

No comments: