A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 10, 2017

If we met at the end of all of this sense, I would justify whatever that means

I literally
honestly don't know right now

if I just made sense. You can tell me,
I guess? I promise I've done
my best, and whatever you say,

I will know how I did, but
this isn't a test. As sure as I am,
as clear as it was, as I've tried to be,
putting words into means, into meanings,
to ways of conveying sense, I don't know

if I succeed

to anyone but myself, sometimes.

Trying as hard as you can
to put meaning into words
in a way that makes sense,
and succeeding

for only yourself, really,
well,

I suppose it's a start. But I don't honestly
literally
know

if it's a start on the way

to anyone else.

Whatever you have
to say, it
say, it

could help

No comments: