A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 27, 2017

many layers

I'm wearing way
too many layers. I miss them,
where the cold is gone. And I have lived
too much in the sun, for so many
years, I slip them on

at any excuse
to look a fool

wearing too many clothes
for the weather's best
- but look! See? See!

They come on and off!

I can pull off this look
quite handsomely,
I guess.

A sweater! And under that -
a button-shirt! Under that,
a tee! And a hoodie goes over,
and over that, my good
and favorite coat,
that I never get any excuse
to go out in. See how it goes
with my scarf!

How often do you get a chance to wear
a scarf? So comfy and bundled up,
and snug, all
slung

on my arm with the coat
and stuff. Just watch!
Like a magic trick, I will pull
and put it all on,
just as soon as it dips

just a little below
what the forecast called
for this outing we're on.
Are you ready? I am!
You can see

I have very well
planned for this.

Let's go!

The trick
to dressing in
too many layers is,

try not to draw too much
attention to it.

No comments: