A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 26, 2017

key made of locks

You hold yourself
in reserve, in case

and your hold is easy and calm,
and safest for everyone, you believe
and think. If you turned on your axis

just ninety degrees, you'd slip
in a hole just exactly the shape
your shape makes when seen from just
past this brink, where you catch and hold,
and are turning

again,

as all of you clicks
like teeth and eyes, and slides, as
all of the tumblers in you
spring free -

I don't know what else
it can do or is for, but
for sure,

this key
made of locks
fits me

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wow. I don't really know how to give this poem the comment it deserves, but I just wanted to say that I really like it.