A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, November 16, 2017

the altruist

My name is mr. tentacle, I represent
the botherhood. And it gives me a charge
to do
some good, oh, anywhere I get
the chance
to extrude an appendage
or two, to stroke
or grope on whoever's
behalf - on you,
my pet.

It's what you are for, and
what I'm for as well. You see,
I am only one part of what
surrounds. Together, we swell
to create in your mind
an environment full
of certainty, of our mankind,
we are keeping you clear
on your purposes.

I keep you in states
of knowing full well
what you're really for,

in all of this, in this
world of ours. And I act

on behalf
not of only myself, but
of all other men - who are maybe, too timid,
or some of them, to do what is called
in pursuit of this. I
understand. I will gladly do
my part
for any and all of them.
I will do my part. I will take it in hand,
if fondling any and all of
yours, anywhere
you stray, you go, you know
you have been, I will help
you know. You're surrounded
by this, my dear. It's not
a conspiracy, no this
is a trust. We have ways
to make clear. Let's

play. Are you game?
Will you make a fuss?
Will you make a
scene? It's a thrill, to think so. You
might,
but I don't think
you will. You know
how humiliated
you will be, by calling

all of those

other eyes

to see

what I've casually done, so free
with you. Surprise

You are making such dreams
come true

for the greater good. For a world
that makes sense. For we all have a purpose
and part to play, and all the fun parts
are assuredly yours.

Would you have it
another way?

No comments: