A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 19, 2017

busted flush

I have never before
in my life felt like
there was no way out.

And I don't feel trapped -
just becalmed, or marooned, but with less
a suggestion of color. Without
any great deal of grief or regret,

I hear you
ask how I've been. And then
how I am.

I'm still me, and that's good.
I always am. But no news. No news
is good. And I'm happy as hell

that you're happy with him.
You deserve that shit, bitch. You're
the ace queen jack ten flush
that I almost had, an unbeatable
hand. But I was the king

of not coming through on that,
and you're never a bitch. I'm sorry,
I just needed something for emphasis.

How's the kid, how's the knee, how's the
rain, how's you? I'm just happy to hear -

yeah,

I know.

Me, too.


No comments: