A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, November 11, 2017

circumstances of birth

I was born an only child,
with
two older sisters and a brother,
and three and two more
on the way
of each,
including
a much-more identical twin, who
none
of the siblings knew about,
but who used to drag me out
in the day, too early to tell
or find the way back.

It never occurred to me to tell.
Until years ago, when I looked
at his face and saw the lack.

But it all hardly matters, by
this point now. If one of us
never existed, how
could either of us prove
which one we were?

I'll give him the benefit. He

loved her.

No comments: