A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 24, 2017

Stuffing.

Stuffing or dressing, it's really
quite filling. What I don't get

is cranberry sauce. Does anybody
actually put it on stuff, as a sauce? Maybe
it's just my upbringing, but we always

kept it to its own spot on the plate, and
tried not to let it get on anything. It

was to be consumed pure, for its own sake,
once a year. Mostly

for the associations.

Whereas stuffing, hey

I would eat that every day. The only thing
that stuff's stuffing for

is human beings

2 comments:

Mel said...

So you don't spread cranberry sauce on bread to go with turkey on a sandwich?

dogimo said...

I do actually! Or nothing better than a Thanksgiving leftovers burrito with turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce! But see, to me doing that (or doing the sandwich version) always just seemed like cramming in all the tastes you could to duplicate the effect. Things you wouldn't normally put in a sandwich.

At the actual holiday dinner, it's always a side in my experience. I don't think I've ever seen anybody sauce their turkey with it.