A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 26, 2017

"Third Law"

I have such a heart for you, aching
with fine and romantic yawning,
I mean longing, it's
yawning up from behind
to close on my mind and leave everything
void enclosed in null. Except for
the sparkling wine
of consciousness, dawning
suspended in nothingness
less what's left after all
I know. After all I have tried - my best,
so beautiful, bold and wise,
and to such effect,

for all my lies

- I have not tried my best.
Just what passed for it.
I've mislaid every bet,
distracted by hits
as luck piled up I would count
every card
'til the shoes run empty, along
with the till.
To hurt til it fits,
broken-in and worn.
To have come up
cold. Like a hypocrite,

I will say I have had my fill.

Let me not be reborn.
Let the universe go, off and away
on its final stretch,
and let me stay on,
and grow old

with the rest of this emptiness.

No comments: