A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

"Young Quixote"

Defending the faith is a dirty job. But somebody
has to do it
beautifully.
With ugliness
involved, I've pretty much gotta. Discussing
"social issues," sometimes,
you find yourselves down
to specifics considered unfit
for mixed company, which
you emphatically are, but
you flatter each other suggesting
that clinical phrasing and euphemism
can carry the day, triumphant in ways, everyone
feels free and pleased
to call understood

- which you use,
as your cue and excuse
to pull huge and grandstanding stance-dance moves
on the poor Church's good and innocent head! Well, I
don't have to be Innocent, Pius or Papal
at all,

to say "Bull!" to that!

Come hand me down
my favorite coat for my naked arms,
and my naked sword. It's right
over there by my Cowboys hat. With my naked eye,
I can see,
it's time,
I guess,
to war. Sort of

- Saddle destrier! For to ride out again en carousel,
we've been chasing each other's tails so well, oh
well, we forget
sometimes,
the smell that surrounds.

Ew.

Let us cut this chase, and proceed
with our points raised high
in a line. Just time
for a last crusade, and
cover your shame with your emperor's
cloak (that damn thing's mine!
And it's beautiful

On you, I think) and in all your glory
let's run this day
down the lists,

so tilted and whirled, how we've missed

- I will drop handkerchiefs
for you, silly girl.

No comments: