A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 19, 2017

malicious :-)

i
was the one
who deliberately dropped
a clump of dryer lint

on top of your plate
of saucy rice and meat

it was me. I confess,

but the lint was clean,
you know
I would never hurt you,
though

i was the one
who put all the ice
in your drink, to hand it
to you. Did you know? You didn't
want ice in that drink. You know,

you never want ice in that drink. You like ice
in the other drink, the one that you asked for. I

gave you the drink that gets no ice, that you didn't
ask for, with ice in it. That was me

i was the one
who keyed your portable hard-drive
shiny in Corvette red, i
was the one who answered the phone
when your sister called up
to tell her you're dead, i
was the one

who punctured the bed - your waterbed,
you know I sleep there too, so you'd never suspect
- but I was the one. There's nobody here

but us two.

No comments: