A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 10, 2017

compassion out there

that car just had to be ahead
of me. Just when I felt I'd prefer
to go a little faster than I can comfortably go
with that car in the lane, ahead of me
and impeding my progress! MOVE OVER,
JERKWAD! I'M IN NO
PARTICULAR FUCKING RUSH but,

you know

It's just the principle of the thing. It's not
the delay, it's wishing to be free,
with nothing in the way. "Liberty,
gimme some!" as they

could very easily say.

Gimme some or move over, mister
miss missus or miz bumper sticker I can't quite read
yet, but inevitably and sinkingly disappointedly expect
to be able to sooner than I'd wish. I can't stand this

creeping up on people,
into reading range of their
bumper stickers, making them no doubt
uncomfortable. It's like

when I'm going free, all out at a speed
I'd like to go, no one in front of me
to tell me no, and then here comes
some douchebad hauling ass up behind trying
to read my bumper sticker,
or something.

I hate being the one to

make you uncomfortable. Whereas you, apparently
scumbag, are totally fine with the being the one. It's a sign

of the lack of compassion out there, please

Gimme some

No comments: