A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 09, 2023

Temporary non-interference pattern

Yes I am aware 
from the sum of various flanges 
and tangents, wavering, waving
and creeping in around the edges, 

From emanation and penumbra 
I neither tune out, try to shut out,
look away, nor ignore,

nor seek further into

just yet. I am again aware 

That Something Atrocious 
Has Happened. I even
have some idea 
as to where. 

I know also:

That it's too late 
for me to powerfully 
intervene to prevent 
the thing, and: 

Also: that no realization, 
analysis or interpretation 
I have to bring to bear 

upon the thing, its causes
or effects, will do the slightest 

good. Just yet, and
in all probability forever!
My "take" will be 
and do 

no good.  

Pardon me therefore
if I might (under such
conditions as always
or almost always
obtain) hesitate

to dive in 
to it. 

Whatever it is, 
specifically. I'm aware 
of where it hit.

The foretaste and backwash
of vicarious grief has already
sunk a gut-punch in the stomach, but

I know 

from experience 

how much that'll get us. 

No comments: