A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 15, 2023

open dream journal #5

Last night
I dreamt that I was
counting sheep. Not even
kidding. I never counted
sheep (to get to sleep) in my
life, but there I was asleep AND
DREAMING, and my dream had
a literal counting sheep interlude.*

*for real. IN A DREAM. This happened! 

The sheep would one-by-one approach a
low, low
fence. Each leapt the fence in turn, and
a number was superimposed upon it, as if
in postproduction.

DING: 3! 

New sheep comes by, leaps over
(DING: 4!),
gambols a bit - it was the stupidest
fucking mid-dream interlude I ever
saw. THANK GOD I'm no lucid
dreamer; I would have to blame

myself for this

No comments: