A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

"Go Through"

Well it isn't how I supposed 
it's supposed to be 
But I know what that's worth 
and it isn't worth a thought 
from me 

When I sit here alone 
or look around wherever I roam, 
I can't help thinking I missed some clue. 
And maybe that's what we always do?

Maybe I deserve it
Maybe no one does
Maybe it's some third thing we all get 
Just 'cause

Maybe I deserve it
Maybe we all do 
Maybe it's some same thing we all just 
go through

go through 

I can't help thinking that maybe we 
(stuck somewhere between infinity) 
can never run out of puzzles to solve. 
So we make up our own
from push to shove,
just to stay involved 

I can't help remembering so much good
(and I know you will back me up on that) 
I am reasonably sure I deserved some of it 
So maybe the bad pieces also fit 
If they all connect, 
when they all lie flat, 
and we can step back?

Maybe I deserve it
Maybe no one does
Maybe it's some third thing we all get 
Just 'cause 

Maybe I deserve it 
Maybe we all do 
Maybe it's some same thing we all just 
go through, go through 

It's either that, or it's something else. 
What do you think? Does the universe 
have it in for us? Or is all the worst 
just a token admission fee. Are 
the blessings worth the curse? 

I know what I'd say. But 
I'm asking you first 

You don't have to guess,
and you don't have to come 
to the same answers as me. 

Whatever it is, we'll have to see
Whatever it is, maybe we
deserve it

No comments: