A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, October 14, 2023

quantity vs. quality revisited

Quantity is not 
versus quality. 

And

Anyone who says it is 
has run a false dichotomy. 
I like to run quick and deep, 
leap like a stone skipped 
over a fake lake (or a literal 
one, for real) and smash 
from ripples to waves 
on far shores of any 

ol' pond in range.

Why not? Why not stunt, 
lark, fling and swing away?

Rarely 
and preciously,
when it happens 
- I am succinct. Rarely that.
Fecund, though! - even though
that's not a very virtue,
is it? 

Point is: I put out. 
I write poems bad, good 
rarely-to-never indifferent, 
every which way to loose 
in the eye of random 
passerby, and call it 

blind luck 

when one good one 
turns up. 

Is this an invalid way 
to go? I'd love to see you 
stake, make and defend 
that case, 

honcho 

I am an online poet of some (1) note. 
I'll thank you to notice, I do not gloat, 
but I'm glad in my small way 

to make. As I allude to up there,
it's about as good as a scale 
paper boat Spanish Armada 
hauling ass, grass and cash 
(or gold) across some puddle 

cosplayed as a midsize lake,
and pretending to seas. 

No comments: