A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 19, 2023

kind-of spider

I'm kind 
-of like a ghost 
spider, sat pluck 
in the midst of 
one mangled web 

but it's just my luck
someone 
or something keeps  
sticking these flies around 
my bed. Oh 

do not mistake your man, 
I mean I don't eat 
them. 

I'm kind-of vegan 
that way. Those flies 
are too much like me, 
but I like the shimmy 
and shake they bring 

anyway

I will scurry and scuttle 
on the trembling line 
'til I spot that bug 
in my faceted eyes 
and I'll steal in close 
and I work it 

free 

then it's back to the middle 
(wherever I be) with my 
skinny-ass legs 
and my fat body

No comments: