A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 23, 2023

Hopeful yet unhelpful note.

It isn't pain 
if it doesn't hurt. 
It isn't suffering 
if you can or could 
stop it swift, easy 
and costless to any
one at any time. It
could be agony or joy 

- Have you checked? 
It's not okay 

Unless it's fine. 

Well,
you draw your own line.
Consider that mine. I hold 
a high bar for what I'll call
fine, but I'm okay with that.

Call it in the air, or flat
smack
on the table,
by hand. Like
we always used
to say, when asked
(and we had no better
answer pre-planned):

"I'm okay. I'm 
Going To Be OK." 

OK? Then that's-that,
hot dog or too-cool cat. 
(Or will be) that. A fact, 
so shake off your fur,
dry and pat. 

No comments: