A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 23, 2023

How I hint: a finder's key:

"How I hint: a finder's key:"

I don't. Assumption #1:
and fair and true most 

every time, with me. 

I do not mean to be 
obscure, obtuse, or 
ever come across
as mystery, 
puzzle, con-
undrum. I'm not 
a game! Not won
or to be lost except!

By exception. By who
you are in what you really
give, and how. Which
has no rules but those
you pull out as you live, 
and breathe, and choose 
to give! ALLOW. 

Choose well or wisely,
or unwell, unwisely: BAM!
Yours to present!
Perchance well-drawn! 

How fine that is! We give
and find a boundary,
then.

I'll never have my fill
of those, for there's a line.

How handy, that! It can be

Fine
as finest things,
or clear as mud itself,
and splat. And trust me 

mud is pretty clear 
when you step in it, slip 
and plop.  

So. I like lines 
that others give:  
laid out and limned 
by point or plot  
on-point and there.
Right here, right now.  

It works sublime.   

I like them now, I like them
then, I like them when.
I like them clear, 
presented, friend. All good, 
all free, so as to show your  
boundary! Which is to say:

to show where I am welcome,
when by clean, clear plotted, well-dug
ditch or any border marker fits - perhaps
a fence! "No welcome there, past this,
SO SIGNED" (a fence works fine,
sighted or blind)

Yet if that part's excluded, out,
so much more welcome, tends
to find and found, be found and
founded everywhere, or else.   
We draw the line. "Elsewhere,"
or so, to coin 
a mat.

And plop it out by many 
splats, by many doors, and 
gates, and subtle signs, so
saying "Come on in!"

How like a flat, apt., or house, some 
homey, homely good abode! Tells me
by mat, and frame and jamb 
whether that door is open/closed.  
The door is one open-shut case 

to say what's so. It sits right there!
It clues you in, by bell or knock,
each time and more, that's if
you care and dare. So long! 
As one can give
the line
that one wants you 
to take, observe,
a simple twist of direct-
met or on-point swerve.  

And we can find each other, 
thus. 
Well, as to mine, 
my own? My lines?
Oh hey,

I find no need to fuss, 
when I so trust another's serve!
For me. For we are free
in who

We'll choose as company,
as friend. As bare acquaintance
or just mere! Perhaps
some other role intends?
Well, pitch it out. We'll
comprehend. Perhaps

Some other act
(I mean an ACTION, here)
can signify? In crisis, we all do 
our best. Or try

to, hey. 
We're on-the-fly. What's
more, it's just as well
if one
-to-one we
pair in how we'll dwell (for
all intense or peace-n'-calm,
or any purpose-plain to cast, 
from subtle-nuanced well-
knocked BRASS to simple,
clear as courtesy:

or class. That's categorical.
Half-full, half-open or thrown
wide. We have our ways 
to come inside, and if unsure, 
to ask how-why. 

The other's turn, in their response 
shall be some key, if we care why. 
Including non-response. It counts! 

That is if we hold free our friends,
or who we'd want to be. Free 

just never ends, you know.  

It goes as each and both prefer.
As each agree, apply, concur.
All this is by necessity:
a matter of agreement,
free.

All given and received as same
by either side, or functionally! 
A similar-enough grasp/hold,
each way from each to each, 
all told. OR ELSE: has there
been some mistake? We're free 
as well: to dive in, shake 
up/down or fix and sift, 
as each shall square away
or air, or breach! Freely
engage, or not. To make
it right, or so, find true. 

For sake. That's any
some same sake (or
close enough) in interplay.  

Two each-own calls
with two potential
vetoes, no expiry
in such voter's stalls.

Agreement is as good as one
plus one. Found same, in some 
point/line. Oh, me?

I mean to be straightforth.
Which is: right plain, direct
address with clarity on course
-correction mode, and cued 
by any/all who care to dare, 
or opt-out y'all.

Alacrity! Like horse on steed!
Or thrown upon the rider's 
bleeding corpse, at need 
(such capers hurt, but 
worse if we pound 
dead to dirt what 
ought to have been 
chosen ways. Or 

so I find. So so 
I'll say. Or so
I aim all worth. Not short.
Not playing dumb at all, but

possibly: just dumb.

By you, I'll take that finding,
call it found and founded, and
back out or in, or as we each
shall draw or line or please
or preach. For you, regardful 
what you think and say

have more than say 
alone can teach. 

Dumb is,
or could be
well and truly
how I am, in how
you'll say. That's squate
in your regard. Whatever you
may not or might speak
out, suspect or recollect:  

I don't PLAY dumb. 
"SCREW THAT YARD!"
is all I'd yelp from/to 
such porch as uppily 
declares pretense 
upon me as I'm 
walking by: more 
ignorance than 
innocence itself. 

Perhaps I AM,
dumb, just! 
That is, if you'd say
dang or heck, or damn, 
or shit, or fuck.

I mean, if you
get mad and cuss! 

SOME CLUE.
If what I say IS dumb, 
to you, then maybe I
am, too.

Too true.
Or could be, any way. 
No fuss. I know that your idea
of me is some thing in your
head. Not mine. So I will 

keep you equally free, 
and let "us" be, or be not 
sublime. Be dead! Or gone!
Or be
alive as one, or just as two
may be: both free. If
what I say
speaks many tongues
(to you), 0 hey. 
Or signs, too many
to appear, to single
out or count? Which means
for you, some tough read-ins 
galore? 

Well, that's sure fine as well,
as signs and warnings flow
and score.

Pick one interp and lay it plain,
that's if you wish to tell, to show.
To see what's-what and more! To see
what we can see. For sure, you'd
call me dumb
if I don't know
you're free as I to
make, take, fast. Or slow
and dense, if doing THAT's
beyond my compass, or my
sense. Come on. Grow up, 
get through, go past if I am so,
so dumb! DUMB ME 

We'll-see. I am! I'll say, if
you call me dang slow.
'Tis fine by thee, and 
I don't mind where
intuition (oh, mine
own) soars too dang
free in fancy's costume
cape cosplay, and spanking 
birthday suit! That cape's 

a sign to me! It is or works 
quite all-the-better to obscure its
OWN ASS MOVE for fancy's
sake!

If back leaps forth a step
too soon, too late, I'll hold push
free to come, to shove.

When motive flops a take,
imagined into meaning's lap,
that's some dog trick! I might applaud,
but hardly cheer. Perhaps one clap. 

Just listen, love

- I might just stick.
So please, do
call me
too slow/dense 
for any of that,

all its worth
can value up,

by your own
sense. In lights you find,
by scales you weigh. And
huge top hat! Why not?

Some play! Pull out! From
all of that, that's in. Or 
can be, truly

if I seem dense
to you, tough gal, tough
guy or gentleperson: then 
it's 'cause I am. One of my
own sweet and equal peeps
abob, adrift or full-on sail
in such free beingship as flies
upon subjective seas, capsized

- or so I'd say, if you don't
tell me 
how or why

you're not such being. 

I'm open expectation, there.
I promise no pretense is due 
from me, for you to fair accuse
me of. UNFAIR, I'll say! 
To say or claim "pretending"
stupid, dense, or dumb! 

Not
me!   

I'd rather let it go,
let time pull trust through 
growing size, or sighs, or
sights, or deep rich loam,
perchance to root. To bloom. 
Or grow blind on the spot! If
as some say, love takes the room
and installs blinds. Or...strikes 
one blind! Like staring up
too high at noon
can do

on an uncloudy day.   
For that is I! THAT I
can say! My can-do
know-how attitude!

It's not pretense, no acting
role. It comes to fores as dense
as grow and slow as juggernaut
on speed: a low-slow, wary 
dreadnaught mode, for pace
not greed. Such plod, such
plop! Such booming step!

SO SLOW, 
shoes drop.
but sure enough of coming course,
quick to correct, if clarity/correction
comes. Or so I aim.

If you can give. You might 

be quite surprised, and live! 

In all such things as "reads between"
such lines I DON'T give (left unsent,
unspoken, left ungiven) prudence
counsels caution to hold up. Find 
what's meant by direct inquiry, 
or offer your own: come correct.

Oh, I am slow in my defense
or by advance, for further fines
and fairs, and/or a general use, 
as one might reckon and suspect. 

Use that. No hint. No wink.
No sign. No "tell" - at least
that is a pure, strong bet
and bound to pay in luck's
sweet stakes. I take
what you give 
literal.
Not "literally," 
dead-literal!
And so 
sincere.

Why not? All 'tis 
is simplest, easiest 
course, in small
and easy things.
No knot, except 
to hold where both 
agree, and easy 'nuff 
to pull and slip. 

For that's the world 
we find and see. 
And anyone can just 
jump 'ship, in any 
relation ship kind.  

And if you're not?
Sincere, I mean! Then  

Away we go. 

Just watch your back 
if I'm not here. 

I told you so.  
For it is true.
I much prefer and
usually always aim
to say: up-front, and back 

is clean. "Unsaid" is no fair hand
to bet or lay, or play on me. 

For me! I mean. Of course. 
For you? 

Just give. Just let. Shine you, 
and I'll keep up, or catch
up best I can, and
live. 

For no one has to be
like us, and no two have to 
make an "us." Capisce? 

Free gift. Is always stringless, at its 
best. And if so, free: is always just. 

And that's the end. What's obvious
might bear repeating, now and then.
Soliloquy has petered out, to eat 
paul's dust. 

We just say when. 

No comments: