A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 15, 2023

not funny if

So anyway,
a quick brown fox jumped
into a bar called the Lazy Dog(s).

The bartender says

(said, but): HOW MANY of you
fucking foxes does it TAKE
to change the lightbulb? The fox

said slyly why, am I the only fox in here?
(It was a dark and stormy night, you see)
(inside the Lazy Dog(s))

So the fox says: I'll have a light lager.
The bartender
says: "Well, I'm a lumberjack.
Am I OK?" The fox rejoins,

I don't know, what do you weigh? 

The bartender kicks the fox out of there.

The owner of the bar immediately waltzes
in, changes the lightbulb, realizes

the problem

was the bartender forgot to FLICK
THE SWITCH TO 'ON,' and FIRES
the bartender for kicking foxes out
of a bar whose attendance (in dog
terms) is/was largely predicated on
an occasional influx of foxes! GAH

DAMNIT this joke gets less funny
in the telling. Perhaps

if I could explain



No comments: