A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, October 21, 2023

like a stone, twice

I drop like a stone
and become a smash
smacking deepening slow
to click and clash on the stones
others threw, or have thrown
through the years.

At the base of this pond,
there's a cairn for tears
or for wishes, or whims

so many stones skipped
over surfaces bright or dull,
dim, splash-tripped in a casual
arcing lob or a hard-flung
toss. There are different techniques

and no loss

So I drop like a stone
and become a smash
splashing out to a ripple,
a wave, to crash on the farthest shores
past horizons unplanned

at least it seems so
from here, where I stand.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

I wrote this poem then forgot to publish it!

There's some arhythmic dissonance--no. Try again.

There's some jumble and slip in the third stanza's meter - DELIBERATE.

Whether it works or not IS equally valid in the call of EACH individual. I am adamant about this: my judgment does not, cannot overrule or outrank the judgment of any individual in the matter or effect of a poem of mine.

We are each-all-own equal in judgment. That’s a demonstrable fact, but I digress