A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 12, 2023

headfelt

The contents of my heart
so full, so clear right now

Unfortunately

the cotton wadding in
my brain eschews
all

eschews
attempts

at

ah, dang it.

Unfortunately, it's
the thought that counts.
My thought is caught
in purple felt done up
all stiff and soft like
this.

So uselessly, my thoughts
are dealt.

A shopworn hat
crunched up, worn
inside skull, and cocked
so far from bliss, eschewing
all but awkward words.

It feels right now like
I am always this.

Except
I know I've known
much better days
and moments,
so

might we postpone?

'Til I awake
with heartfelt mind
and golden tongue,
and speak my way
clear home. 

No comments: