A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

manhandle

You know 
how to find your reach 
and grip

How to lever me up 
and never slip 

You can pretty much 
get me whenever 
you want 

It's as if I was born 
to be easy and tall, 
and blunt.

You know how 
to handle me deft, 
or rough and hard 
or gentle and swift 

Well, where did you get
your instruction from? 
When you never had 
one of your own 
to practice on. 

It's as if you were born 
to make me come 
to a shared 
understanding:
no game, no race,
but

we'll slacken
and quicken our pace
In this place

Where we are one,
'til we both have won.

No comments: