A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 23, 2023

My daily diet

For breakfast, a big, tall 
coffee, twice filled. Today 
with cream, it fit and hit
the bill. 

For second breakfast
(sometimes skipped,
just as with first) a BIG, TALL
(pint glass) MILK and one
of those flat, thin granolas. 
A granola bar of some kind. 

You know the kind
I'm sure 

For lunch, oh hey, we'll have 
to see. Yet probably 
it will be bread 

with something kept between. 
- SURPRISE! 

And as to dinner: visualize. 
And so to bed, and quick. 

So naturally, this diet
today is/was no thing
like yesterday's course.

Yet hopefully, I say  (I'd
say!) I'll hit my marks 
each time! With force!
Like steed! Not John
Steed, by the way
- the deadliest man in
the service - yet more
like a gallant and noble
steed: A HORSE, to gallop
on various capers, to jump,
to plod at need, or just 
haul ass! Pronto and
Galore, would be 
my carriage team, 
if both were me. 

Hard work at need,
and fuel up fine. An apple,
sounds alright just now
for me and mine, in fact!
Why not?

With sugarcubes thrust
in its (corèd) core!
Divine, sublime, and/or 
fine fare for any horse
I'm sure, or do suppose
(one does, one knows), plus
ample hay, in sun or rain,
or plenteous grass. Bit sweet 

for me, but then 

I don't endorse

I am not/cannot (usually)
beat a horse, or be that ass
-inine, lest I then be obliged

to clap or chap or even kick
that ass. Not yours! 

I'm sure it's class. 

No comments: