A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 26, 2023

certain words mixed up

I'm always getting certain
words a lil'
mixed up: salient, sapient,
sentient,
seminal

Mind you, it isn't as if
I don't know what they each
mean, or even that I've ever
(necessarily, actually) picked
the wrong one in use, but

soft. But still.
There's a sticky-slick
tinge between that explains,

perhaps, perhaps

Why I never call myself
"sapiosexual," and
for that matter,

WHY I'M NOT.

Anyhow, that term
should properly not
refer to a sexual
attraction to "intelligence,"

but rather, to wisdom.

Now we're talking
the hot, sticky stuff

No comments: