A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

mic drop.

When I battle emcees 
and they drop the mic 
I snatch it up before it 
hits the floor like a bike 
shooting off of a loading 
dock ramp like a train 
except I'm on it flying out 
steady pedalin' VAIN

BECAUSE I don't do the 
mic drop move myself, I 
just watch the opposition 
and rely on stealth, so when 
the sucka drops the mic 
I'm on mic swoop mode 
like a toad! With a goad 
to grab mics by the load 
and drop such heavy-freighted lyrics
it might take ten docks
worked overtime to get 
so much tip to the top fresh
not out-of-stock rhyme palleted up, 
shoved way into the trailers 
getting tractors hooked up 
for the long, long trip heading 
out nationwide  

Then I'd fly by on a bike 
like I'm right to ride 
Like a dock jumping fool 
heaving forklift blades
from the front of my bike 
instead of that granny basket I have 
but I have it in spades, which is cool,
but those blades 
would be like BOOM LIFT FORCE

for the freight my rhymes pack, 
ship, drop at your doors and just 
split before you hear it: "DING-DONG" 
said the bell! Better not drop yo' mic 

'cause I bike like hell

No comments: