A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 15, 2018

storybook, ending

If you were the narrator,
and I was the protagonist,
I bet you'd rig the story
in my favor. To my benefit
- and even risk the story, conflict,
character development, and drama

for my sake,
To make my story happy.
it would take

a miracle:

Intelligent design, a narrator
somewhat unreliable
- unfaithful to
your chosen or appointed
line

of work, you would shirk

all codes
of narrative ethics
to the contrary,

and you'd insert
yourself.

Become a character. But I'd know
in an instant: you already were.

You'd sweep in, snap me up,
describe
the closing of a storybook:

"Happy ever after,
the beginning."

Could be worth a look?

No comments: