A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 15, 2018

cheated

Last night as I went more or less
to bed, it was like I could see
the approaching dreams. And they'd all

be of you.
But you never
showed up.

I woke in the morning, and kissed
your head and you stirred in your sleep:
you were smiling.

You made a small sound, like a pigeon's coo,
and stretched yourself lazy as luxury.
You opened your eyes - I thought,
guiltily.

I asked you your dream. You smiled

"It was you."

But it wasn't
me.

Every night some guy who looks
just like me, so you claim

has you fully, completely fooled

while I sleep and dream of a long
day's work, where nothing makes sense
and the day never ends

and you never show up
'til I wake

with you.




2 comments:

Mel said...

Beautiful.

dogimo said...

:-D Thank you!

I have this problem sometimes of not quite being able to tell whether a poem is beautiful or just stupid.

In this case: sorted.