A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, January 14, 2018

composure over nothing

The end of believing in you
feels so far off, right now.

But closer than it used to be,
And closer than I wanted it
to get to me.

It gets to me.

I know I never want it to.
This thing between is even better now
than it has always been. Which I believe
was always better anyhow than everything.
I don't know what is happening.

If life turns so
I can't believe in you, I know

I won't believe in anything.
I won't deserve to have or find a thing
I can believe again, with anyone.

Because I know that you,
much more than anyone, bring out
my best and favorite self -

someone you introduced me to.

Someone I'd never meet again,
without.

The end of my belief in you
would end the world I'm living in.

The last thing that
I ought to have
is doubt. Ok

Who's worrying?

No comments: